Jackson Davenport is a leader in the industry, offering a range of contact lenses and the best brand sunglasses in Summerville. It is crucial to opt for good quality products that are the right fit. In addition, if you are a first-time contact lens wearer, you need to know how to use them correctly.
How to Wear Contact Lenses Correctly
Here are some pointers to help you succeed with your new prescription contact lenses for the rest of your life:
- Be Relaxed– Putting on contact lenses can be nerve-wracking for some individuals because they’re afraid of scratching their eyes or, even worse, getting the lens caught behind their vision. Relax. Applying and removing lenses can make you anxious at first, but as strange as it may seem, there is no need to be scared to touch your eyes as long as you clean your hands. Plus, the back of your eye is attached to the inside of your eyelids, making it virtually impossible for your lenses to fall into the void.
- Keep Your Contact Lenses Clean– If you’re using a monthly or two-week product, be thorough while cleaning the lenses. Your doctor will offer you advice unique to the lens care routine they recommended for you. If they instruct you to use a multipurpose lens cleaning solution each time you remove your contact lenses, you should massage and rinse them first and then set them in a new solution.
Don’t just add more solutions to the container. When you put your lenses on in the morning, empty the case, rinse it with fresh solution, set it uncapped, and face down on a clean towel to air dry. Update your lens case every three months. Ask your eye doctor about daily disposables if you prefer not to care so much for your lenses. These will not require the care and cleaning that other lenses do, and you don’t have to worry about storing them correctly.
- Properly Dispose of Your Lenses and the Packaging – Dispose of the lenses in the trash can, following local sanitation guidelines. Don’t place your lenses in the drainage system. Follow your area’s recycling rules. You can dispose of the outer paperboard cartons in a standard household collection system. The blister pack disposal should be similar to other items such as medication blister packs, bottle caps, etc.
- Follow Your Eye Doctor’s Recommendations – You must only use products your eye doctor recommends. Don’t substitute these lens care products without first checking with your specialist. The solution they recommend will be specific to your lens type, and you mustn’t make any assumptions based on standard information on packaging labels. Do not skip your appointments and stick to the follow-up schedule that your doctor sets for you.
- Follow The Prescribed Lenses Wearing and Replacement Pattern: Don’t try to follow your rules. Wear the lenses for the duration that your eye doctor prescribes and replace your lenses as per the mentioned schedule. Don’t attempt to stretch out your lens life an extra day or week. In addition, unless you have been specifically prescribed continuous wear of contact lenses, never sleep in them.
Learning and understanding how to do anything new always take time. It may take approximately a week for you to adapt to wearing your contact lenses and feel genuinely confident. If you follow these tips for first-time contact lens wearers, your contacts will slowly become part of your life, and it will feel very natural to wear them regularly.
Always get your eye exam at a credible and certified eye care center where qualified and trained optometrists will follow the proper process and provide helpful advice. It’s equally vital that you source your contact lenses and the multipurpose solution from a reputable, established company that provides the best-branded products.
Why Do I Need A Contact Lens Fitting?
Many people wonder why they need a professional contact lens fitting and believe they can order the prescription lenses online and use them once they receive them at their address. It may work for individuals that have been using contact lenses for a long time. However, if you are new to contact lenses, it’s best to get a fitting done. There are many reasons for this, such as:
- The eye doctor will use specialized equipment to determine your eye’s curve and accurate measurements. It enables us to provide you with the right fit.
- The specialist will evaluate your tear ducts and film before providing options based on your results.
- Once they have identified your measurements and sizing, the eye doctor will provide you with contact lenses to test them out to get the best possible fit and comfort.
Keeping your eyes safe and getting the best out of your lenses are crucial, and a fitting helps ensure you have the information you need to achieve this.
High-Quality Contact Lenses
As you can see, there are several reasons to get a contact lens fitting by a professional. No matter what kind of contact lenses you require, we can help. Although several companies offer a variety of products, it’s not easy to find one that provides you with the right balance of superior quality and cost-effectiveness. With us, you will get contact lenses of the topmost brands at cost-effective pricing.
Visit our website for the best contact lenses and browse the pages to understand which brands and products we carry. Feel free to call us, discuss your requirements with our experts, and order the lenses online.
Apart from contact lenses, we also offer a wide range of sunglasses and eyeglasses. Our experts at the eye care center can also conduct an eye exam if you are getting lenses for the first time. For more information, please call us at 843-871-9750 or your queries via this Online Form. One of our experts will contact you and answer your questions. They will provide you with all the details you need about various types of contact lenses in Summerville.